Welcome to your virtual classroom!
Please click the video below for important information:
To successfully complete the Digital program, the following equipment is required:
- Laptop, tablet, or computer
- Internet connection
Service / Technical Support: Contact the office at 905-875-0480
Content Support: Contact your instructor during class, or the office at 905-875-0480
Course Code of Conduct:
Standards of Behaviour Respect, civility and responsible citizenship All school members must:
- Respect and follow all applicable laws
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Respect differences in people
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, especially when there is disagreement
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability
- Respect the rights of others
- Show care and respect for school property and the property of others
- Take the proper steps to help those in need
- Respect all members of the school community, especially those in a position of authority
- Respect the need of others to work in an environment that encourages learning and teaching
- Seek help from school staff, if necessary, to resolve conflict peacefully
- Not swear at an instructor or at another person in a position of authority.
Student Responsibilities: Students are required to act ethically and with integrity in academic matters and demonstrate behaviours that support the school’s academic values. Students are responsible for being aware of and demonstrating behaviour that is honest and ethical in their academic work. Such behaviour includes:
- Completing one’s own original work;
- Knowing and following the appropriate citation and punctuation methods for referencing sources of information when quoting, summarizing, and paraphrasing;
- Asking for clarification of expectations as necessary;
- Collaborating appropriately on assigned group and teamwork;
- Acknowledging the contribution of others (giving credit);
- Preventing their work from being used by others (e.g. protecting access to digital files);
- Adhering to the principles of Academic Integrity when conducting and reporting research, and;
- Following published examination regulations and protocols.
Students are responsible for their behaviour and may face penalties under this Academic Integrity Code, if they are found to be in violation of breaching Academic Integrity.
Examples of Academic Integrity violations
- Possession or use of unauthorized materials
- Facilitation a breach of integrity
- Unauthorized collaboration or communication
- Unprofessional or inappropriate behaviour
Etiquette and Rules for Virtual Classroom Environment:
- Cellphones and other devices are not used throughout the duration of the course, unless related to class discussion.
- Webcam and speaker are always active, and students are always visible to the instructor.
- Course should be completed in a quiet place so that background noise not disruptive for other participants.
- Microphones will remain muted, unless student is required to speak; for activities and group discussions.
Use of Copyrighted Materials:
Use of copyrighted materials is protected under the law in Canada, specifically the Copyright Act. DriveWise has implemented policy and guidelines we are required to follow. DriveWise respects intellectual property and intellectual property laws and will take appropriate steps to ensure consistent application of legal requirements throughout the school. It is the responsibility of each member of the school to comply with copyright laws and respect copyright ownership and licencing. All rights reserved. Written and published by DriveWise. No part of our program, workbook or other course documents may be reproduced, stored in, or introduced into a database or retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without the prior written permission of DriveWise. The products or architecture names mentioned in this document are registered trademarks, trademarks, and trade names of their respective owners.
DriveWise Milton / Mississauga 550 Ontario St S. 2nd Floor Suite 206 Milton, Ontario L9T 5E4 email@example.com 905-875-0480